Saturday, January 9, 2010

Baby Camden

Well since my doctor's appt. in December my blood pressure has been high, so for the past 3 weeks we have been tracking it (since it had been in the normal range since my first OB appt.), well this past week when I got back to MO I went into the doctor's to get it checked again and on wednesday it was even higher then before at 158/98, so on thursday I had to come back in and get it checkied again (it was still high) and also do a 24 hour urine test which I had to turn in friday morning and then go back in friday afternoon for another appt. Well it turns out that I have PIH (pregnancy induced Hypertension) with the possibility of it turning into preeclampsia, which basically means my body isn't reacting that great with this pregnancy (I heard it explained that my body was basically allergic to Camden, which was making my blood pressure rise). So this means that from now until Camden is born I have to go in twice a week for a NST (non-stress test), and ultrasound so they can monitor my contractions, Camden's heartbeat, his growth, and the amount of amniotic fluid there is, because with PIH my body may help produce less amniotic fluid and not enough nourishment for the baby, and if at anytime it turns out that Camden isn't growing and the fluid is signifigantly decreasing then they will induce me early. THE GOOD NEWS is that so far Camden and I are both doing great. Camden is growing and getting stronger each day and has now decided that he LOVES kicking my ribs and I haven't had to many side effects from PIH, the bad news is that they will probably at sometime still induce me, although we are all hoping not until 38 or 39 weeks because PIH can start effecting my liver and other organs and the only "cure" for PIH is for me to deliver Camden!!!

But so far things are going great and Nathaniel and I feel like everything is going to turn out great!!!!

2 comments:

Alainarae said...

Sounds like you are dealing with this really well! I'm sorry you have to put up with the hypertension. I'm glad they caught it early so it won't become Pre eclampsia... Let me know if you need anything!

A. Kerr said...

Let me know if there's anyting we can do. I'm here for support any time! I'm sure everything will go great. Just take it easy! Love you all!