Friday, July 31, 2009

FORT LOST IN THE WOODS.....

We officially made it to Fort Leonard Wood, MO last tuesday night at 11 p.m.!!! We were definently exhausted and couldn't wait to get into our lodging that Nathaniel had set up on post....at least that was the plan :) When we went to go check in they said that they didn't know Nathaniel was bringing his wife so they booked him in a bachlor room with a room-mate, so we thought ok no problem we will just change the reservation to married lodging....but those rooms were completely booked!!! So we ended up at a motel 6 a couple of miles off of post and the next morning Nathaniel headed off to work!!! GOOD NEWS...is that we only ended up staying in the hotel for about 4 days when Nathaniel came back to the hotel room really excited and told us that we got a house on post....WAHOO (some people have been on the waiting list for a year and most people just end up renting off post, so we are very lucky :) Even better is that the house we got was just renovated, so we have new appliances, new flooring, new paint.....did I mention that I LOVE OUR HOUSE!!!!
Missouri is actually a very beautiful place....it reminds me a TON of New York where I used to live! and the best part, is the humidity this summer so far has not been bad at all :) Although there are a TON of bugs...YUCK :)
Nathaniel does leave for Fort. Benning the first part of Sept. until the end of Oct....but my parents and sister are flying out here and we are taking a road trip and seeing a TON of cool sites and then we are heading back to Utah where I am going to stay while Nathaniel is gone!!!
Well I better go, Nathaniel has today OFF....and we are going out furniture shopping....I AM SOOOO EXCITED :)

3 comments:

The White's said...

I am so sorry for all of the complications, but I am glad however that you were able to get into a house! Good things happen to those who wait. Have fun furniture shopping :)

Alainarae said...

You are lucky to get a house on post! I'm so happy for you! I want to come visit you, so let me know when you feel up to having visitors! Or you can come see us if you don't want 2 crazy kids in your house! lol COngrats, again! Can't wait to hear from you!

Meghan said...

Congrats on the house- that sounds exciting. You'll have to post some pictures. Sad that you have to be separated from Nathaniel, but so exciting that you will be here in Utah! We'll have to get all the girls together again.