Friday, July 22, 2011

NEEEWWW YORK!

Who ever thought of putting a tv in the car was a genius!
Camden playing hide and go seek with James.James, Camden and Kathryn having fun at the park! Camden all wrapped up like a burrito after a long fun day at the beach. Group Picture: James, William, Kathryn, and Camden.We made it. The view was worth carrying a 28 pound 1 year old up 180 stairs! MOM, this peach is DELICIOUS!!!William, James, and Kathryn having fun at the amusement park! Look how strong I am mom!!! Camden LOVED the feel of the sand between his toes! Hanging out with the boys.Beach Lifeguards in training: James, Camden, Kathryn, and William.Camden. Laura and Camden. Mommy and Camden. Mom I think your bed is much more comfortable then my pack in play. Mommy and Camden. Camden intently watching the guy cook our food at the habachi steak house, Gasho's. Camden having fun visiting where his Daddy went to school. Crowded trophy point at west Point on the 4th of July.


Back in June Camden and I were very lucky to fly back to New York and spent a week and half with the family I used to nanny for! Camden did great on the flights...minus a little temper tandrum and a blow out diaper, but other then that he is becoming quite the flier! While we were their I got to spend some time with there awesome nanny Stephanie, who took Camden and I to lunch at Uno's (YUM)! It was a lot of fun catching up with each other! The Nicoll's also treated us to a week at their families beach house down on L.B.I! It was AMAZING! The water was perfect and the temperature couldn't of been better, but the BEST part was the company! I loved catching up with Jason and Laura, they were a huge part of my life for 6 years and I am beyond thankful that they chose me to be their nanny! Kathryn, James, and William are growing up WAY to fast! Kathryn who was 10 months old when I became her nanny will be 9 in August! She absolutely LOVES to read, has a bit of a attitude (oops, I might of spoiled her when I was her nanny), and is a wonderful big sister! She was wonderful with Camden and I loved having conversations with her! I might be a little biased, but I think she is pretty amazing! James is now 5 years old and still has such a sweet personality! He was very patient with Camden, who loved to mess up his toys! I love this little boy! William, who is quite fiesty is now 4 years old! He is definently going to be quite the handsome little boy, he is probably also the trouble maker out of the three of them, but he has a smile that could melt your heart!!! Can you tell I absolutely love these kiddo's?!!!?? While at the beach house we enjoyed a water park (they let me take Camden on the huge water slides...he loved it, but I thought we were going to tip over as we flew around the curves, so we only went a couple of times!), we enjoyed amazing sea food, YUM, and we went to the beach everyday!!!

For the fourth of July we all went over to the school park and shot over a couple of rockets...that was a lot of fun, although the first one we shot of I lost track of it in the sky (have you ever seen grown ups where they shot a arrow up in the sky)...it looked similiar to that, I covered Camden's head and ran in a circle not quite knowing where to go, hahaha! Of course it wasn't very dangerous I later found out and we all had a great time! We then all went up to West Point to enjoy the band play and the fire works show! After the show we were trying to get off post and the line of cars was horendous so I told the Nicoll's I could probably get them out a faster way that most people didn't know about...it took us by a place called flirty walk (Cadets can take their girls there and actually hold there hands even if they are in uniform...gasp...it is a very beautiful walkway right next to the river) and I told the Nicoll's this as we drove by it and Kathryn looked at me and said, "Is there where more army babies are made"...we all cracked up and were laughing hysterically, where does a 8 year old come up with that...to which I told "hum, not as far as I know!!!"

I had a fabulous time in New York! I was so blessed to get to nanny for such a wonderful family for 5 1/2 years. I learned so much while I was there, had so many experiences, traveled, and met some of my best friends! AND I met the guy I want to spend eternity with! I think that I am a very lucky girl!

1 comment:

The White's said...

I am so glad that you were able to go to New York and see your second family again! It sounds like you had a lot of fun. Katherine's comments at the end about making army babies cracked me up, that is hilarious!