Monday, May 10, 2010

Because he is wonderful!

Nathaniel leaves in about 3 weeks for JRTC, a pre-deployment training and he will be gone for about a month, so his battalion had a "briefing" for the families about JRTC and told us how JRTC can be a pre-deployment training for families...and it really hit me during the briefing that Nathaniel is about to deploy to Iraq and I wont see him for a WHOLE YEAR. He will miss a lot of Camden's firsts, such as halloween, christmas, his first birthday, the first time he crawls, or talks, or walks, his first skinned knee and thinking about all of this makes me sad, but more then that it makes me SO proud of Nathaniel that he is willing to fight for freedom, that he is willing to put his life on hold for a year to serve our country! While I will miss Nathaniel terribly and it will be very lonely without him, I support him and I couldn't dream up a better husband and father then he is! I LOVE YOU BABE!!!!
P.S. I also had a WONDERFUL mother's day! Nathaniel bought me the most beautiful flowers and cooked the most delicious dinner, and he also had a lot of fun with Camden while he let me take a super long sunday nap!!!! Thanks for such a great first mother's day as a mommy!!!

3 comments:

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

I can say from experience that all of those moments won't be the same without him here to share them with, but he is lucky to have a wonderful, supportive wife. Good luck to the both of you.

Nathaniel and Sarah said...

Thanks Melissa! I will miss him like crazy...BUT I am super excited for you that Andy will be home soon, I bet you are very very happy and excited to see him again and have him home :) !!!!!

Robinson's said...

Wow girl you are stronger than me, that is tough. You are definitely not alone and we always pray for our soldiers, so he will be in our prayers. And film everything and make sure you have a web cam! Love ya girl keep busy!