Saturday, August 16, 2008

CHINA.....

I am headed off to CHINA, it is official (my bank account would definently agree)!!! I am leaving on Jan. 8th for a two week Humanitarian tour to China...and I am SO excited!!! We start out in the chinese city Guilin where we get to visit the Li river and go through caves and we also get to volunteer in the local hospital and we get to cruise down the Li river to the town of Yangshuo (and a few other things..so that all is the first four days) we then hop on a flight to eastern china to the city xi'an where we get to volunteer in a local orphanage visit the terracotta warriors museum (if you don't know what it is look it up, it's really interesting) then after two days in xi'an we board a sleeper train that will take us north up to Beijing (where the olympics are going on right now and where we will spend the rest of our time while in china). We get to visit THE GREAT WALL OF CHINA, the summer palace, visit the tombs of the ancient emperors of china, visit the forbidden city, temple of heaven, and we also get to volunteer in a local orphanage again!! I am SUPER excited...and I am going on this tour with a couple of my friends and it is through ldstravel.com, which means are tour guides are LDS and for the most part the people in our group will be LDS, which is really awesome!!!Anyways, I thought I would up-date you all on my going on's...also I am officially done with my nanny job on December 24th, after today with the kids throwing up everywhere and throwing temper tantrums I'm excited for my "freedom"....hahahaha...but I know I will miss them SUPER a lot, but I am coming back to NY in Febuary for a dance at West point and a visit to the nicolls, so I'll get to see them again fairly soon after my job ends!!!!!

4 comments:

Alainarae said...

Sarah, that is so cool that you get to go to China! Roland went to China his Junior year and although it wasn't a humanitarian thing, he went for wp as an interpreter, he saw a lot of the same things you get to see..I'm so jealous! Congrats on everything!!

GSK said...

Sarah,
Take me with you!!! Garrett and I want to go over to Asia so badly! We are trying to plan a trip to Korea next year. So I am SO excited for when you come to Utah!! I have May 30th (is that the date) blocked out. YAY!

4everboys said...

wow! china! that sounds awesome! i am so happy for you! about chet's nanny. her name is mandy and her number is 801 433 8074 and chet's house number is 845 362 1994. i am sure she would love to go! have fun! i am jealous!

Alicia said...

Sarah-

That is so awesome that you are going to China! It sounds like an amazing trip!