Saturday, August 27, 2011

Big boy bed

My little (or not so little) boy is growing up! A few months ago my friend moved her boy to a toddler boy, he is one year older then Camden and I thought man I am happy that Camden hasn't learned how to climb out of his crib yet and that he will be in a crib for hopefully another year! you see in a crib he is trapped, I don't have to worry about him hurting himself while playing in his room in the middle of the night....it was a comfort...and then three weeks ago, my wonderful and adventerous 17 month old learned how to do what I was dreading, he climbed out of his crib! My first reaction: I laughed with him and hugged him because he was SO proud of himself when I opened his bedroom door...my second reacion: A fear of him breaking bones! So I knew the time had come for him to get a big boy bed! Last week we went shopping and bought him a twin mattress and box spring! As soon as I set it up he loved it, I thought hopefully you love it as much when I take away your crib and make you sleep in it kiddo! First night comes: We do our usual bedtime routine and by 8:30 I tuck him into bed, we read a couple of stories, I kiss him and hug him and tell him goodnight and then I cross me fingers! Next thing I knew it was 8:30 in the morning, he had slept 12 hour straight, WAHOO! The next test came at nap time, I wondered if he would sleep as well in a bed that he could get out of when it is light outside..he slept 3 1/2 hours! He has transitioned to sleeping in a bed wonderfully, he never gets out of his bed until after his nap or in the morning, usually around 8! I can't believe how lucky I am to be a mom to such a wonderful little sleeper!

No comments: